Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission Opens: 11 May 2017
Submission Closes: 31 Aug 2017
Acceptance Notification: 21 Sep 2017
Author Registration Deadline: 23 Nov 2017 (for abstract not to be withdrawn from programme)
How to submit your abstract on MARS
- You will need your user account to log on to MARS (the AOGS online portal)
- AOGS Members can access MARS using their current user accounts.
- New users can create a user account here
- Click on "My Submission" under author options on the left menu, and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your abstracts
- A processing fee of SGD35 per abstract needs to be paid before you can proceed to submit your abstract. The payment may not be deferred and the paid fee is non-refundable and not waived for withdrawn/rejected abstracts.
- Accepted credit cards are: VISA, MasterCard, Amex and China Union Pay
- Two abstracts is the maximum limit for each submitting author
- All abstracts should
- be related to the themes of the conference,
- clearly outline the motivation, evidence, methodology and results of the study, and
- be written in clear intelligible English with a maximum of 300 words.
Please do not include the following in your abstract: figures, photos, illustrations, in-text citations, references, or trade names/brand names. A sample abstract is given here.
- During the submission process, all abstract authors will be asked to choose
- Authors may choose their manuscript to be one of the following modes:
- No preference,
- Poster with short oral overview,
- Oral only. Please note that we strongly encourage ‘Poster with short-oral overview’ as a very effective means of interactions on your work.
- The scientific program committee reserves the right to place the abstract in a different and more appropriate theme based on its topic and content.
- By submitting the abstract, you are granting the conference organizers the right to publish and disseminate it electronically, including publishing accepted abstracts in a publicly accessible location of the conference website.
- Only abstract(s) submitted via the online process will be considered. You will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours of your submission. If not, please email secretariat to email@example.com.
- You can modify and resubmit your own abstract anytime but it must be before the submission deadline.
- The Scientific Advisory Committee will review abstracts for content and scientific merit.
- The review decision will be either "Accepted" or "Rejected"
- Presentation mode will be decided at the time of session scheduling.
- It is essential that at least one author attends the meeting to present the accepted abstract.
- If none of the authors for an accepted abstract are registered by 23 November 2017 to attend the meeting, the abstract will be withdrawn from the programme.
- Each registration fee covers TWO presentations maximum.
- When registering your attendance, the ID of your abstract will be needed (but note that one does not need an abstract to register and attend the meeting).